Curried Carrot Bisque
2 # Carrots
½ Sweet onion
1 Tb Garlic, chopped
1 Tsp Red Curry paste
1 Tsp Yellow curry powder
2 cp Heavy Cream
S/P to taste
- Peel and rough chop carrots. Set aside
- medium dice the sweet onion. Sauté with some oil
- Add the garlic, red curry pasted and yellow curry powder
- Cook for another minute. Add the carrots and cook for a minute
- Add enough water or chicken stock to cover the carrots by about a ½ in.
- cook carrots until soft.
- puree carrots with a burr mixer or food processor with all the water or stock.
- add heavy cream until the right consistency.
- salt and pepper to taste may need to add more yellow curry powder also.
This is one of my favorite recipes, delicious and aromatic and fairly easy to make. In my continued effort to spread the food love here it is for you!